The Cardinals lit up on November 22nd and beat the Panthers, 51-46.
Louisville beat Northern Iowa with a significant edge in rebounding while also coming out ahead in assists.
Louisville made a huge difference on the glass, 46 rebounds to 28. Louisville spread the ball around with ease, and its 12 assists gave it an advantage compared to eight from Northern Iowa.
Russ Smith put up the most points against the Panthers with 16 on 42% shooting from the floor in 32 minutes. Smith was also a factor with a game-leading five assists.
|-||S. Van Treese||5||0||1||0||0||0||0|
The Cardinals sit at 4-0 early in the season.
Next up is Illinois State at home on December 1st.
- Russ Smith has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 4 games this season.
- The Cardinals have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The win over Northern Iowa extended the Louisville winning streak to 4 games.
- Russ Smith accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
Northern Iowa Game Notes:
- The top two rebounders (Seth Tuttle and Jake Koch) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Jake Koch has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- The top two scorers (Marc Sonnen and Jake Koch) accounted for 45.6% of the points.
- Seth Tuttle has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 4 games this season.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Russ Smith