Louisville, who looks great this year, kicked off the season in a big way. On November 11th at home, the Cardinals destroyed the Jaspers, 79-51.
Louisville got the victory while overwhelming Manhattan in assists and turnover margin.
The 19 assists from Louisville outpaced the five by Manhattan. The Cardinals managed the ball very well, only turning it over 12 times.
Russ Smith was the leading scorer for the Cardinals with 23 points in 31 minutes, including 12 from three-point range. Peyton Siva helped the cause by topping everyone with 10 assists.
|B||S. Van Treese||8||0||5||1||0||1||0|
Louisville has high hopes for this season, and this victory over Manhattan is helping make that a reality.
The next game on the schedule is Samford at home on November 15th.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (12).
- Peyton Siva had a career high with 10 assists.
- The top two rebounders (Chane Behanan and Stephan Van Treese) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:28 left to go.
- Luke Hancock had a career high with 4 steals.
Manhattan Game Notes:
- Rhamel Brown set a career high with 15 rebounds and 8 offensive rebounds.
- Rhamel Brown recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 8th of his career.
- Rhamel Brown accounted for 40.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Rhamel Brown accounted for 35.2% of the team's points.
- Manhattan lost and did not cover the spread.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Russ Smith
, Peyton Siva